SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#25806 - 06/27/02 08:37 AM Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
paulmauddib Offline

Loc: courtland, al, usa
I have a brand spankin new pc, Sound Blaster audigy platinum, with in\out midi, i\o rca,
i\o spdif, i\o optical, phones jack, mic jack, Sonar (yes the $200 friggan dollar one), a roland jv-1000, XP professional OS, and a midi multi jack that has 4 in\outs.
My PC's specs are: 1.3 GHz Athlon processor, 128 SDRAM, and a CD-WR.

I need help to put all of this stuff together!
Help!!

------------------
my name? what is the use of names? Labels, Communication, just to make sure you don't get me confused with someone else who we aren't talking to? Consider a higher form of communication where names are not needed, then we will converse and my true name will be revealed.
Paul Maud 'Dib
my name? what is the use of names? Labels, Communication, just to make sure you don't get me confused with someone else who we aren't talking to? Consider a higher form of communication where names are not needed, then we will converse and my true name will be revealed.
But, for now we'll stick with Paul Maud 'Dib

#25807 - 07/03/02 01:50 AM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
paulmauddib Offline

Help Please!
I need this for college!!
Assignments need to be finished at home and i do not have the expertise you guys have!! HELP!!

#25808 - 08/21/02 06:48 AM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
Anonymous
Unregistered

no worries just tell me what your stumped on and I'll give you a hand.

#25809 - 08/22/02 08:10 AM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
paulmauddib Offline

the connection between the keyboard and the pc seems to be jarbled. it saves all the info and sends it all in one "Jarblscesq"
I don't understand why, but it goes just like that!!
help!

#25810 - 08/23/02 09:31 AM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
Your description hasn't helped..

What connections do you mean, MIDI or audio?
If it's;
MIDI = MIDI out of JV to MIDI in of computer
MIDI out of computer to MIDI in of JV

Are you trying to dump the contents of the JV as a sysex file?

What do mean by 'jarbled'? (garbled/messed up?)

------------------
The Sonic Energy Authority - a sound investment

#25811 - 08/26/02 02:15 AM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
paulmauddib Offline

yeah, I hooked it up properly. it seems to send all of the information through to the computer all at once, so it makes a "jarblesche" i mean literally makes a sound that sounds like all the sounds i used at once!!! i don't understand what the problem is. jv midi out to pc, pc midi out to jv. it should be pretty simple, but there's some kind of technical error interfering with the communications between the keyboard and the pc.

#25812 - 08/27/02 12:31 PM Re: Need Help With Sonar\Roland JV-1000
TheSonicEnergyAuthority Offline

Loc: Peterborough,Cambridgeshire,UK
Nope, I still have no idea what you mean by the term "jarblesche".

Have you sequenced the track to the JV-1000's sequencer, and are trying to the record it into cakewalk?
If so you will need the make sure the JV is sendind MIDI clock, and that Calkwalk is set to external sync.

If the track was created on Calkwalk, you may need to switch off MTC, and send MIDI clock, as perhaps the JV's sequencer is trying to play along.. Only guessing here as I'm still unsure what the actual problem is.

I'm also woundering if you've got some sort of MIDI loop happening. Is the JV the onlt MIDI geart you have attached, or have you something else connected?
Have you turned the JV's local control function to off? (it disables the keyboard, but it is still sent via MIDI out, providing Calkwalk's thru function is on, your JV should still sound when you strike a key)

What's your location, perhaps someone might be able to help you out in person...

------------------
The Sonic Energy Authority - a sound investment

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online